Her book sexual personae art and decadence from nefertiti to emily dickinson published in 1990 became a bestseller she is a professor of humanities and media studies at the university of the arts in philadelphia pennsylvania. Paglia follows these and other themes from nefertiti and the venus of willendorf to apollo and dionysus from botticelli and michaelangelo to shakespeare and blake and finally to emily dickinson who along with other major nineteenth century authors becomes a remarkable example of romanticism turned into decadence. page 007007 the new york times archives sexual personae art and decadence from nefertiti to emily dickinson by camille paglia illustrated 718 pp new haven yale university press 35
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.